Two blog posts in one day?! I feel like you deserve it;) haha.
For those of you who do follow me… risotto is probably one of the common occurances on here! I just can’t get enough of it… ever.
I also don’t make a risotto the traditional and proper way that it should be, this is because I am lazzzzyyyyyyyyy, but the way i do make it..works well and everyone who has tried it has loved it! ^.^
This was no exception! Honestly it smelt wonderful and had succulent butter roasted chicken, peas and a fragrant rosemary and garlic rice.
*mouth waters intensely*
I had some left over chicken which needed using and half a can of sweet garden peas from the previous night and if i’m honest this was all I could think of making! So i grabbed the rest of the ingredients needed and came up with this simple but truly delicious dish!
Its both comforting and tasty but really simple 🙂
I am a sucker for pasta/risotto and anything with cheese and garlic added.. It basically consumes my life and poor Jack has to just follow along 😉 hahaha.. should probably get my butt into gear and visit Italy, huh! I’ve seen a fair few posts of people who have travelled through and the food looks incredible!!! So does the city… but food really is what i treasure most 😉
Don’t be fooled by its simple appearance, sometimes its the simpler things that taste best.. right?;)
(im sure the saying goes like that!)
So as I said, this is a very simple way to cook this with very minimal pans/utensils etc, I might love cooking… but I
REALLY HATE WASHING DISHES!
Honestly, its great having a boyfriend who loves washing dishes.. I cook, he cleans!? perfect :p
So yeah, here is the second post of the day! If you haven’t seen my other one today it was a fudge-y chocolate buttercream!
Fudge-y Chocolate Buttercream. Check it out! 😉
If this doesn’t take you’re fancy, I have some others worth giving a read, beware they all contain cheese of some sort! Haha!
Please give a like and possibly a re-blog and of course leave your blogs below so I can check out and follow too 🙂
This recipe serves 2:)
- 350g risotto rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 a teaspoon of garlic puree (optional!)
- 2 chicken breasts- one per person 🙂
- Half a can of garden peas, or frozen if preferred!
- Fresh or dried rosemary
- 1.1 litre of chicken/veg stock
- salt and pepper
- a little bit of butter
- Turn the oven onto 170 degrees celcius and place the chicken breasts in an small baking tray, rub some butter over both breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper generously. Cover with tin foil and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Until the chicken is cooked through 🙂
- Heat a large pan with some oil on a medium heat when the chicken has gone into the oven, once hot add the onions and fry gently. When they are starting to soften and becoming translucent add the garlic and puree (if using!) and fry for another minute or so. Making sure the garlic doesn’t burn!
By this point it should smell of frying garlic and sweet onions.. yum.
- Add the risotto rice and mix until the rice is coated in the juice of the onions and garlic.
- Add the stock, stir once more, season with salt and pepper and a pinch of rosemary and cover with the lid. Leave for 15 minutes on a medium heat, it should be simmering really so you may need to adjust the hob temp! :p
*By this point your chicken will probably be done! just take out of oven, switch it off and leave until needed!*
- When it is nearing 15 minutes, check and give a quick stir (just to make sure it hasnt boiled dry!) and take off the heat. The rice should be cooked through and deliciously soft!
- With two forks, pull the chicken apart (or slice,dice,cut into strips?) and add to the pan of risotto, along with the pea’s and some more rosemary!
- The rosemary is of course to your preference! So tasting as you go along would benefit 😛
- Distribute between bowls and enjoy 🙂
Lots of Love X