Hello everyone ❤
It’s always at the end of the week that I have little bits of food just lying around that need using before i order the new weekly shop.
This weeks leftovers consisted of a sweet potato, some spinach and chicken. So, what better to do than add it all to a risotto fragranced with rosemary, whats not to
love? drool over.
It isn’t surprising that it ended up being a risotto, I love the stuff SO MUCH. I’ve made a fair few in the time since i started my blog and there is most definitely a running trend now… sweet potato and cheese! ( I will link them in below 😛 )
Risotto is hands down, my go to dish. A highlight of my food week if im being completely honest… It also happens to be the one dish my family are always asking me too cook when I go back home to Plymouth! Which is such a great feeling ^.^
This risotto though…
is beautifully fragranced with rosemary and has soft chunks of oven cooked chicken, sticky sweet potato and spinach, with the added extra mature cheddar cheese and yes, it is definitely required at least one day of the week 😉
*Okay, i’m practically drooling over it right now*
The risotto recipes I go by are simple and quick, they don’t require much attention and its more of a chuck it all in the same pot scenario! It had 3/4 steps, which is perfect, considering the weather is now getting hot and the days are longer, more time is spent outside and less spent getting waaaayyyy too hot cooking for hours ^.^
I seem to be having a writers block today, so going to try not to unnecessarily babble on and just leave the recipe below!
– If this doesn’t quite take your fancy, do check out my other risotto recipes!
or maybe just a simple-
Please be sure to check out my other recipes and give a follow if you don’t already!
Also do leave your blogs below and I will be sure to check them out!
Have a good week guys 🙂
This recipe serves: 3 Cook time: 40 minutes
350g risotto rice
1.1l chicken stock
2 chicken breast
1 sweet potato, into small cubes
1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed.
Handful spinach (optional!)
Handful of frozen peas
1/2 tsp rosemary
Salt and pepper
Cheese, as much as you want!
- Preheat the oven to 170° degrees/350° Farenheit.
- Lightly oil a baking tray and lay out the cubed sweet potato and make an area for the chicken aswell. Drizzle some more oil over the top (only a little!) and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15/20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sweet potatoes are soft and sticky.
- Whilst the chicken and sweet potato is cooking, fry an onion in a little oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat. After a couple minutes, add the garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes more until both are golden and soft.
- Remove from the heat and reduce to a medium… stir in the rice, add the stock, season with salt and pepper and give one mix. Return to the pan with the lid and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potato/chicken from the oven (it should roughly be done by this time) and use two forks to pull the chicken apart.
- After ten minutes, add the spinach, sweet potato, half of the chicken and peas and stir well. Leave for a further five minutes until the rice is soft and the liquid has evaporated. Bundle in the grated cheese and rosemary, stir until combined.
- Serve between bowls, top with the remaining chicken pieces and enjoy 🙂