Everyone loves cookies.. im sure of it!
Afternoon, so the weather has been pretty damn poor this past week or so.. so a summery recipe is in order!
I haven’t actually made cookies for roughly a year now?! Wow, i didn’t think it was that long ago but none the less, my family absolutely LOVE my cookies. They are chewy but soft, full of rich white chocolate chunks- sharp,sweet raspberries and for this batch nutty almond!
The recipe itself, was a recipe I found years ago online! Since then i’ve changed it around and added a few bits and voile- the best raspberry and white chocolate cookies were born! It has a lot of condensed milk in it, which really just helps to create soft melt in the middle centres and chewy edges.
I haven’t ever added almonds into the mix but considering almond goes so well with both white chocolate and raspberry- who’s complaining?! These cookies are perfect for summer in my opinion, they are super easy to make and keep for a few days stored in an airtight container but also perfect for picnics/beach trips/family do’s! Anything really 🙂
So if you or any of your friends are crazy for cookies, these will not disappoint!
I will leave the recipe below 🙂 Please be sure to check out my other recipes ( i have a fair few now :p ) and share with your friends/family! If you leave your blogs below I will be sure to check them out and follow!
Have a good rest of the week everyone x
This recipe serves: 12-20 (cookie size dependent!) Cook time: 1hr
- 200g fresh raspberries
- 180g sweetened condensed milk
- 180g white chocolate (I use milky bar)
-chopped into small chunks.
- 300g self raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 225g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- Flaked almonds (optional!)
-you will also need some grease proof paper.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter until pale, light and fluffy. Add the condensed milk and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add the extract, self raising flour and ground almonds and mix until it has formed a soft dough! It should be a little wet.
- Chuck in 3/4 of the chocolate and half of the raspberries. Mix mix mix! The raspberries will start to break up abit, which I kind of like! Gives a bit of a raspberry ripple look:)
- Spoon out the mixture onto the trays leaving space in between so they dont merge into one! Depending on the size you’re aiming for, this will alter how many you make! On average I make 12 fairly decent size ones.
- Squish the tops down a little bit, and press the remaining chocolate chunks and raspberries into the dough. Sprinkle with some flaked almonds if desired and bake in the oven for 12-18 minutes.
The edges should be golden brown and baked but the middle still soft! Leave to cool for 10 minutes and eat away! ❤
Lots of Love X