CALLING ALL BROWNIE LOVERS!!
It’s been far too long since I made some brownies… the last ones I made were my Peanut Butter and Jam Brownies (bit of self promotion, go check them out they’re incred‘) but by law of… everything? It’s about time I made some and what better occasion than making them for Fathers Day.
Brownies are a gift to this world, honestly and are a married match with so many different flavours that I could even commit to a wedding cake made entirely of brownies… I love them that much!
My dad has been such an inspiration to me throughout my entire life! He’s bloody awesome and his ability to just continually put other people before himself means he deserves the best brownies known to man.
So these are for my dad! Happy fathers day old man x
THE MINT AERO FUDGE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES!
I bought a new tin the other day, so compared to my other brownies, these are a little bit taller- technically it means you can have extra brownie per bite ;). Not complaining. They are obviously rich, moist an have a serious fudge like consistency (isn’t that what a perfect brownie should be?!)
And what better to pair the rich chocolate flavour with, than refreshing aero mint! I knew for a fact my dad loves mint and chocolate as a combination, so this was a no brainer! Putting the aero on when it has come out the oven lets it melt down and become abit gooey. If you’d prefer to, leave the brownies to cool completely and crumble the aero on top!
The best part about chocolate and mint is how incredibly moreish it is… it’s hard to stop eating them 😉
If chocolate mint isn’t the combo for you, I have a few more alternatives you could try 🙂
If you’re also feeling a little plainer then the just plain Fudgy Chocolate Brownies. will help fill that void!
Obviously these would be great for not only fathers day but any occasion! Birthdays?! family get togethers?! BBQS?! Its completely up to you 🙂 I will leave the recipe down below! Feel free to check out my other recipes and leave a like/your blogs and I will be sure to check them out.
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend/ all the dads,grandads etc have a wonderful fathers day:)
Cook time: 1hr Serves: 12+
- 175g dark chocolate
3 large eggs
210g caster sugar
70g self raising flour
1 tsp peppermint flavouring
40g cocoa powder
1 sharing block of aero mint.
You will also need: A brownie tin and some greaseproof paper.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line the brownie tin with greaseproof.
- Over a pan of simmering water in a clean bowl big enough to sit on top (make sure the water isnt touching the bottom of bowl!) melt the butter and chocolate and combine until mixed through together.
~I tend to cut up my butter into cubes and cut the chocolate up into small pieces~
- Whisk the eggs and the caster sugar together for a few minutes until pale but thick and fold in the buttery chocolate mixture.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and fold in. Add the peppermint icing and pour into the tin and bake in the oven for around 20-25 minutes (depending on oven, mine takes a while!) until there is still a wobble in the middle and it leaves a few marks on a knife when inserted
- Using the aero, crumble over the brownie or chop into chunks and leave to melt.
- Leave until cool- resist the urge.
- Cut into whatever shapes you desire and eat eat eat.
Lots of Love X